Allen Box, of Katy, Texas, passed peacefully on August the sixth at his home in Katy, Texas. His wife Virginia R. Box and his daughter Gail Box-Hall were by his side. A memorial service was held on November the 11th at 9am, at the Houston National Cemetery. His family chose the special day to Honor his Military Service and his Birthday which is also November 11th.
Born November eleventh in Gunter, Texas, the son of William Box and Florine Pryor. After the death of his father, his mother and siblings moved to the IOOF Home for Widows and Children in Corsicana, Texas the year was 1925. Here Allen spent his years growing up with 500 other children. He graduated in 1940 and attended Hillsboro Junior College before moving to Port Arthur, Texas.  
Allen began working at the Gulf Oil Refinery and then volunteered for the US Navy in 1942. He served aboard the USS Rochambeau and later reported to Bremerton Naval Shipyard where he was part of the commissioning crew of the USS Tulagi CVE-72 and a plank owner. While serving in WWII he participated in the invasion of the Philippines and Okinawa as well as operations in Southern France including Toulon and Marseille.
He received various unit and personal awards.
After the war ended he returned to Dallas, Texas to marry the love of his life,Virginia, whom he had grown up with in Corsicana. This December the 5th they would have marked their 71st wedding anniversary. Allen returned to Port Arthur with his bride and continued working at Gulf Oil.  He retired after 41 years service to the company.
He is survived by his wife Virginia R. Box, his daughter Gail Box Hall, son in law RDML Patrick D. Hall, and his grandchildren Cara Leigh Hall and Hunter Allen Hall his namesake.
As published by Port Arthur's The News on Friday, November 11, 2016.
Ned Johnson
U.S. Navy
Ned Johnson99, of Leroy passed away peacefully on July 8, 2016.  To celebrate his life, a graveside service was held at 10:00 AM, July 30, 2016 at the Gerald Cemetery, with a reception to follow at the Leroy Church in Leroy, Texas.
Ned was born on a ranch February 28, 1917 near Jal, New Mexico and raised in Pecos, Texas until he was five. He was one of seven children born to Wiley Richard  and Lydia Nichols Johnson.   After the death of his father in 1922, he and his mother and six brothers and sisters moved to the I.O.O.F. Widows and Orphans home in Corsicana where he lived and attended school until graduation in 1935.  
After graduation, he received a football scholarship to Daniel Baker College, now Howard Payne. Ned loved baseball and left to play professional baseball at the minor league level.   Between seasons he worked for the Civilian Conservation Corps in the Davis Mountains.
Ned served his country proudly in the US Navy after the attack at Pearl Harbor and became a Signalman First Class on the USS Shaw.  He served primarily in the Pacific Theatre and was awarded the World War II Medal, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal, Philippine Liberation Medal, Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, a Combat Action Medal and five Bronze Stars.
It was during the war that Ned met the love of his life, Amelia Ruby LeGros, the sister of a shipmate.  It was a romance that lasted 70 years, until she passed away in November 2012.  After WWII, Ned graduated from Texas A&M University with a BS in Agriculture and subsequently worked as an appraiser at the Texas Veteran’s Land Board.  Ned became a licensed real estate appraiser and broker, owning his own business, Ned Johnson Land Company.  Before retiring at 91, he was believed to have been the oldest active real estate professional in Texas.   Ned was an avid golfer and shot his age at 86.  He was active in farm and ranch operations until 96. 
He was a lifetime member (81 years) of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the IOOF Ex-Students Assoc.  He was a longtime and faithful member of the Leroy Church.  He loved and enjoyed his family, friends, and ranching.  His favorite sentiment was:  “Enjoy Life!”
Ned was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Ruby; parents, Wiley and Lydia; sisters, Louise and Evelyn; and brothers, Wilbur, B.F., Laud and Bryan.
Survivors include his daughter, Cindie Lehr and husband Larry; grandson, Pierce Lehr and wife Megan; great-grandchildren, Harrison, Bennett, Charles, Frances, and Rhett; and many nieces, nephews, and friends.
Memorial Services
were held by
Whatley Funeral Directors
Pampa, TX
Dorothy Faye "Dottie" (Lewis) Little, 86, of Pampa, Texas passed away December 30, 2015.  Mrs. Little was born July 26, 1929 in Quanah, Texas and graduated from the I.O.O.F. Orphans and Widows Home in Corsicana. She married Doyle Lane on April 14, 1949 in Pampa. They had four sons, David, Douglas, Dwight and Duncan. She later married George Anthony “Tony” Little on February 4, 1977 in Amarillo. Tony preceded her in death on April 27, 2015. Dottie had been a resident of Amarillo for 33 years, where she attended St. Mary's Catholic Church in Amarillo with her husband before moving to Titusville, FL in July 2015. The love and joys of her life were exercising her God given roles as a wife, homemaker, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, mentor and virtuous role model.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her father Fred Lewis of Quanah, TX, her mother Anna Seitz of Mobeetie, Tx, her brothers Jack Lewis of Amarillo, TX and Robert Lewis of Pampa, Tx, and her sister Evelyn (Lewis) Smith of El Paso, TX, and step-son Pete Little of McAdoo, TX.
She is survived by her four sons, David Lane and his wife Karla of Bloomington, IL, Douglas Lane and his wife Linda of Titusville, FL, Dwight Lane and his wife Deidra, and Duncan Lane, all of Denham Springs, LA; her five step-children Becky Little of Amarillo, Texas, Joey Childers of Canyon, Texas, Jeanne Brault and husband Bob of Vancover, WA, Chuck Little of Heriston, OR, and Christina Manley and husband Shane of Austin, Texas seventeen grandchildren, and eight great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, please direct memorials in honor of Dorothy to the Grand Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows of Texas, at
Memorial Services
were held by
Weed-Corley-Fish North
3125 N. Lamar
Austin, TX 78705
Harold's family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Christopher House, a Hospice, in honor of Harold:
Christopher House
2820 E Martin Luther King Jr
Austin, TX 78702-1544
(512) 322-0747
Harold Davidson, 92, a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather passed away Monday, June 13. He was a man who loved to be around people and made many friends over the course of his life. He was always described as having a smile on his face and a great sense of humor.
Born in Dalhart, December 1, 1918, Harold and his four siblings became orphaned and they entered the Odd Fellows Widows and Orphans Home in Corsicana, October 9, 1921. After some adjustment, life soon became happy with all the activities and his new two hundred adopted brothers and sisters. He always gave thanks to the Odd Fellowship for giving his family sanctuary in their time of great need. During this time in the "home" he was a renowned athlete and theater performer. He was a great singer and dancer even at an early age which provided him with the opportunity to perform across Texas even performing for Governor "Ma" Ferguson. Harold was given the nick name "Jazz Baby" which followed him throughout his life; it could not have been more fitting.
Harold was an US Army Air Corps pilot during World War II flying missions off Iwo Jima escorting B-29s over Japan. That experience created a lifelong love affair with the P51 Mustang. He always welcomed a chance to talk about his plane or WWII trivia.
When he left the Oddfellow's Home he started his work life with Humble Oil and Refining Company. His first job was cleaning bunk houses for the oil field drillers. After 48 years of employment, he ended his career in Midland, Texas as Exxon's Midcontinent Drilling Manager. He was truly a company man always telling everyone how proud he was to work for Exxon and how good the company had been to him over the course of his career.
One of his lifelong passions was playing golf. He played at many country clubs in Texas, the US and abroad. He moved to many different locations throughout his life but only had to head to the golf course to make great lifelong friends. His face always lit up when he saw his "golf buddies" who stayed in contact with him to the very last day of his life.
He is survived by his wife of 65 years Lilly Davidson, daughter and son-in-law Charlotte and Hal Croft of Austin, grandson and wife Bryan and Jennifer Croft , great-grandchildren, Cayden & Grayson Croft all of Los Angeles.
Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 18th in the chapel of Weed-Corley-Fish Funeral Home, 3125 N. Lamar Blvd. Following the services, please join the family at a reception at the Great Hills Country Club, 5914 Lost Horizon Dr.
In lieu of flowers the family suggests a donation to Hospice Austin or Christopher House who made his last days comfortable for him and for his family.
John Henry Sisson of Fort Worth, a proud American and Texan, enjoyed talking about the days he served our great country the United States of America during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam war. He proudly served and was honored for his courageous and selfless acts for his country.
A young man, he enlisted into the Army Airforce during World War II as soon as he was old enough and off to see the world…he went. He often spoke of the guys in his first paratrooper team in Alaska, of how cold, and dangerous it was jumping from the planes. Then, he would laugh and say "At times, we would take off our shirts lay in the snow and get suntan." He had many stories saying "I just about froze to death in Korea" and in Vietnam. After retiring from the military, he worked at Motorola Inc., as a security guard eventually retiring. Later he took a position at Kroger delivering prescriptions for many years.Airforce during World War II as soon as he was old enough and off to see the world…he went. He often spoke of the guys in his first paratrooper team in Alaska, of how cold, and dangerous it was jumping from the planes. Then, he would laugh and say "At times, we would take off our shirts lay in the snow and get suntan." He had many stories saying "I just about froze to death in Korea" and in Vietnam. After retiring from the military, he worked at Motorola Inc., as a security guard eventually retiring. Later he took a position at Kroger delivering prescriptions for many years.
Born in 1927 in Blooming Grove, TX., he grew up in the Odd Fellow Home for children and widows in Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas. He often said he was so thankful the Grand Lodge of Texas, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, had founded the I. O. O. F. Widows and Orphans Home, one of the first fraternal orphanages in the state. His dad, John Henry Sisson Senior, was a member of the Odd Fellows and when he died at an early age…the family was able to move into the home. He often talked about his mom and sisters and being able to be around his family even though they lived in the home. He talked about how they grew their own fruits, vegetables, and meat. "Everyone had a job and everyone did their part" he would say. Sometimes, they would even get to go fishing, and they would cover the fish they caught with mud, cook them in a campfire and that was the good life…that was good times.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Olive Sisson, parents, and sisters. He is survived by his second wife, Mary L. Sisson, a son, Danny Sisson of Fort Worth, TX.; stepdaughter, Pat Gariepy of Fort Worth; stepdaughter, Judy Kelley of N. Richland Hills; stepson, Steve Hopkins of Tahlequah, OK.; Dennis Smith of Garland, TX.; Lynette Collins of Frisco, TX.; ten stepgrandchildren.Gariepy of Fort Worth; stepdaughter, Judy Kelley of N. Richland Hills; stepson, Steve Hopkins of Tahlequah, OK.; Dennis Smith of Garland, TX.; Lynette Collins of Frisco, TX.; ten stepgrandchildren.
A member of the Turning Point Church in Burleson, Texas he enjoyed fellowship with his church family and especially loved to Pastor Jeff Wickwire.
A Full Military Honor service is set for 12:30 p.m., May 12 at the Dallas/Fort Worth National Cemetery.
2000 Mountain Creek Pky
Dallas, TX 75211
phone: (214) 467-3374
He was always aware and as active as he could be. His could remember everything…his memory never failed him.
He was one tough cookie and never complained. He lived a very full life with many experiences that only God controlled. Isn't it amazing of all the places he had been...he ended up back in Texas.
He completed his journey in this world on April 22nd due to complications related to age. He was one tough fellow who never gave up and celebrated his 85th birthday, in January.
Donations may be made to any veterans group or to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and Rebekahs
Randy Grizzle was a student from (1951-1966) he was born July 24, 1948,  and passed away December 3, 2010.
Francis (Smith) Duncan was a student from (1929-1938) she was born March 6, 1920, and passed away October 23, 2010.
  Irma Smith, wife of Barney passed away October 21, 2010.
Billy M. Arnold, 85, passed away Monday, Oct. 4, 2010. Funeral: 2 p.m. Thursday in Arlington Funeral Home Chapel. Interment: Moore Memorial Gardens. Visitation: 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Arlington Funeral Home. Billy M. Arnold was born June 11, 1925, in Fort Worth. Bill spent his early years in the Fort Worth area until the untimely death of his father. The Arnold family then relocated to Corsicana in 1929. They resided and went to school at the Odd Fellows Widows and Orphans Home where his mother was a matron. A naval veteran of World War II, Bill was active in the Pacific arena and is registered on the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. After living and working in the Dallas area for several years he settled in Arlington in 1954. He was an employee for over 25 years at General Motors and a member of the UAW Local Union. He was involved in several Arlington churches and was an active member of New York Avenue Church of Christ in Arlington. Bill had resided since 2002 at Cooper Villa Assisted Living Center in Arlington. He was loved and admired by residents and employees of Cooper Villa. His greatest pleasure was spending time with his large extended family and many friends. Bill was preceded in death by his wife, Dorothy M. Arnold, in 2002; parents, Seth S. and Ethel Arnold; and three brothers, J.A. Arnold, Alton Arnold and Seth S. Arnold Jr. Survivors: Daughters, Elizabeth McCarter and husband, Ronnie, and Kay A. LaPointe and husband, William; grandsons, Marcus D. Wright and Jeffrey W. McCarter; great-grandchildren, Olivia and Payne McCarter; twin sister, Bobbie McNally; brother, Leonard Arnold; and sister-in-law, Jessie Arnold.
Eva Jewell (Green) RatzlaffRatzlaff  Who was a student from (1924-1940) born January 8, 1923, and passed away September, 2010.
Cathleen (Green) Hilliard Who was a student from (1924-1935) born March 17, 1916 and passed away April 1, 2008