Junior Odd Fellows
Throughout most of the free world is an organization known, loved and respected for the great good it has done for those in need and for its humanitarian efforts to make the entire world a better place to live. The Independent Order of Odd Fellows is truly an organization which believes and practices the axiom, "Am I my Brother's Keeper?"
The Three Links represent a worldwide chain that binds men, women and the youth of our organization together in fraternal devotion to God and their fellow man. The three links, representing: Friendship, Love and Truth, are the cornerstone upon which the Odd Fellows (and their various auxiliaries, Rebekah’s, Jr. Odd Fellows, Theta Rho Girl’s Club) of the world have built their Order.
The Junior Odd Fellow Shield
(Pictured above; represents the following)
- The Pyramid: Reminds us of the land of Pharaoh, where Joseph, as a young boy, attained great heights.
- The All-Seeing Eye: Reminds us of our belief of the Supreme Intelligent Being, the Creator and Preserver of the Universe.
- The Three Links: Reminds us that through Fidelity, Honor and Loyalty we are to unite and elevate the character of our members.
- The Silver Drinking Cup: Reminds us that through all our trials we are to remain patient, obedient, and tolerant.
- The Six Leaves: divided in halves, reminds us of the twelve tribes of Israel, who from lowly slaves, rose to become a great nation.
Junior Odd Fellow Creed
I believe in the Junior Odd Fellows as an organization uniting youth, under God, thereby
achieving a purity of thought, word, deed and a high moral standard. To this creed I pledge my
Fidelity, my Honor and my Loyalty to the end that Universal Brotherhood may prevail.
Junior Odd Fellow Lodges of Texas
Balch Springs Jr. Lodge No. 64, I.O.O.F.
Micki Jones-Hollaway, Advisor
12001 Crumpton Dr.
Balch Springs, TX 75180
Meets at 7:00 PM, 1st & 3rd Fridays
What would you do in a Junior Odd Fellows' Lodge?
You Take Part in Meetings Regularly
- All meetings and group events will be under Adult supervision
- You will learn to open and close meetings efficiently and with dispatch
- Ceremonies are used to show the aims and objects of the group
- Practice a democratic process
- Use parliamentary laws
- Learn love of your country, your parents and of friends
- Associate with boys and girls of your own age, and serve and share with others
You are helped in your seeking and finding of personal ideals
- You learn how ideals are translated into personal living
- An adequate faith and philosophy of life are necessary for everyone, you are encouraged to be active in your choice of worship
You Become Alert to Community and Civic Needs and Conditions
- You are encouraged to find out what is going on at the City Hall, in the legislature, in your Country's Capitol and in world affairs
- You will learn to know your neighborhood and its needs
- You will do your part to promote understanding and cooperation among people of different creeds, nationalities and races in your community and the world at large
There are many Odd Fellow Youth Camps for you to enjoy
- You may plan weekend trips within your lodge
- You may plan dances
- Fund raising projects
- You may plan anything else that your lodge might enjoy
Requirements for Junior Odd Fellows Membership
- You must be a male 8 to 18 years old (in accordance with jurisdicitional rules)
- Have good moral character
- Believe in a Supreme Being
- Petition a Junior Odd Fellow Lodge
- Download Application